Friday, March 22, 2013

Santa gnomes

Near daily, I trek through the small community of Zayante as I head toward Felton for lunch and supplies. Since the Christmas holiday season, two neighbors have had predominately situated Santa gnomes on either side of the road I travel.

It started causally enough. At first they were merely tacky decorations. Then one neighbor started to dress up their gnome. And then the other. As Valentine's Day approached, one was the specter of death. The other, with giant heart on sleeve, eventually wooed his friend into a make-out session on one side of the road for a few days. St. Patrick's Day was fun with the gnomes dressed in green goggles, mugs, hats, and scarves. Admittedly, driving through Zayante has become an anticipated highlight to my day so that I may see the next metamorphosis.

So today I decided to contribute anonymously.

Contributed the hat with rabbit ears, but I'm still waiting for the strap-on nose to arrive.
The chicken outfit
My "thank you" note to the neighbors for the entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment