Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cooked

The underground line to the house failed, and it nearly cooked my entire house. I started flipping breakers when I found a surge suppressor boiling black smoke as it burned into the title flooring. However, I fear it was too late for some appliances. Hope the PG&E claims department is ready for me!
Posting a image of the hole PG&E dug in my driveway so that I track its location.
The nightcrew dug this hole on Monday between the hours of 11pm to 4am. I'm grateful, but wish they'd return and finish the job. I have a temp. power cable running around my car and front doorstep.
When the lights began to intensify, I started hearing popping noises throughout the house. First, I yanked the plugs on all my work PCs. I was on my way to the circuit breaker box when I saw the black smoke pouring from behind the sofa. The "chalk mark" was a surge suppressor.

No comments:

Post a Comment